BorneHeart Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

B0bpwns Special Permission Auth

3 posters

Go down

B0bpwns Special Permission Auth Empty B0bpwns Special Permission Auth

Post by b0bpwns Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Steam ID: 0:0:41755982

**This is taken from the old website**

Time in the server: I started late September so I'd say about three months sense I first started. However I've taken about a month in breaks total.

What skills are you applying for: I'm applying for my Tom Dixon character to have proficient mechanic and basic gun training. Pretty much a guy who would be able to fix stuff like generators, stoves, the sort. I'd also like to have ownership of a motel room. Specifically the one to the top left when you look at it from the entrance. Also, it'd be nice if he could have a tool box filled with various tools.

Why do you need this authorization?: I want it because Tom Dixon needs some sorta use other then being a crazy bi-polar dude. This way he can give back to the economy of our little post apocalypse.

Character name: Tom Dixon

Backstory:

Tom Dixon was born in northern Minnesota and lived in a small town for most his life. He was a trouble maker and always seemed to irritate his parents. Tom always had a fascination with making stuff, taking it apart, reassembling it, etc. At a very young age he helped his father work on the car, fixing things like heaters, the stove, and so much more. However, Tom was different. When he was eight years old it turns out he was a very special boy, he had bi-polar. Sometimes Tom would be happy, nice, and generally a good kid. Other times he'd be crude, random, and mean. Because of this, Tom performed very bad in school. He barely managed to pass his high school exams. Rather then go onto college, Tom would go to a trade school and learn mechanics.

At trade school Tom met some really weird dudes. For example, Rodney, who was a twenty six year old crack head who's sixty year old mother forced him to attend. Tom only discovered his dear friend Rodney was in fact a crack head after he found him selling school supply's to a drug dealer for a hit. Or Jim, who was there to talk. Literally, he didn't even work. He was an asshole. Tom did pretty well, for one he was taking some medication to help with his disorder, and two, he enjoyed what he was doing. Soon enough he graduated and was sent out into the world. At first, finding work was hard. Eventually Tom became a repair man. The pay was alright, and the hours were reasonable. But, the thing Tom liked most was seeing all the odd people he would go visit. One time, he repaired a washing machine, which broke because the kid put thirty fire crackers inside and a box of lit matches.

Regardless of Toms fun adventures, he got bored of his daily routine, and decided it was time for a vacation. So, he packed up some things and hopped in his car, and headed to Minneapolis. However, that was a big mistake, because coincidentally the virus was beginning to spread. For the first month, Tom was stuck in the airport, living off of crappy old military rations, then once martial law was called he was forced to work without pay, repairing things and more things. More time passed and eventually things seemed different, oh yeah! People had been moving east, and so Minneapolis had even more refugees and soldiers. By this time Tom had long forgotten about his planned vacation in Mexico, now he only wished to not be killed for not liking the food or something dumb.

Soon enough infected would start pouring through, killing off more soldiers and more civilians. Eventually the area Tom was in would become so loosely guarded, he could just leave. Of course he stayed for awhile. Soon enough the shift happened, civilians went to survivors and were forced to loot, and scavenge for their needs. Tom had to move on, as the area he lived in was becoming infested with zombies. Soon enough he ran into a group of survivors at a church. They all seemed nice and eventually move to the outskirts of the city. There Tom found a abandoned motel, and decided to make refuge in a room. Over the next few days he'd fortify it a bit, replacing the window with metal panels he found in the back of some old semi-truck, wood panels from a car with many broken windows and the same semi-truck, and whatever else he could find. Luckily enough, the last occupant of the room died some how, and left their key on them. After a quick period of fortification and clean up time it was as good as new, well, sorta. Then Tom moved onto the real stuff. He gathered some basic components by removing them from an old car with his tools, including various nuts and bolts, wires, and other car parts which he managed to turn a car battery into a generator. He used it to power the rooms light, and with enough work in the future the heater.

So this leads us to the current time of the server.

How did this character learn these skills: Tom attended a trade school when he graduated high school and learnt mechanics.

Do you understand that if you abuse these authorizations, Or if you fail to meet standards while using them that they CAN be revoked?: Yes.

Last edited by b0bpwns on Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

b0bpwns

Back to top Go down

B0bpwns Special Permission Auth Empty Re: B0bpwns Special Permission Auth

Post by Noahleahy Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:25 pm

I do like the backstory, it carries a bit of grammar issues but they are fine, we all accidentally type the wrong key or forget the right spelling, the story has peppered comedy around which is all good, I would say on the part of the characters in the trade school should have been like "Tom had figured out that Rodney was a crackhead [Insert explanation here] but whatevs.

I feel as if you need to explain how you got the car doors off the cars, how you got the scrap metal in place on the window, how you got the wood panels, what components he got and where he found a not dead car battery, where he got wires to hook up his room only, and so on just to see if you have a bit of knowledge in how to get this stuff working.

My final verdict for now is Neutral, leaning to +Support should you edit some of the stuff I mentioned.
Noahleahy
Noahleahy

Back to top Go down

Post by b0bpwns Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Noahleahy wrote:I do like the backstory, it carries a bit of grammar issues but they are fine, we all accidentally type the wrong key or forget the right spelling, the story has peppered comedy around which is all good, I would say on the part of the characters in the trade school should have been like "Tom had figured out that Rodney was a crackhead [Insert explanation here] but whatevs.

I feel as if you need to explain how you got the car doors off the cars, how you got the scrap metal in place on the window, how you got the wood panels, what components he got and where he found a not dead car battery, where he got wires to hook up his room only, and so on just to see if you have a bit of knowledge in how to get this stuff working.

My final verdict for now is Neutral, leaning to +Support should you edit some of the stuff I mentioned.

KK I updated it a bit.

b0bpwns

Back to top Go down

Post by Fox - Dpplgngr is owner Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:24 am

I'll auth this, but I'll have to go and make some crafting recipes for actually repairing these kinds of things.
Fox - Dpplgngr is owner
Fox - Dpplgngr is owner
Owner

https://borneheartgaming.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down